POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rejoice Always...



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus..."
What great words are offered to us in this passage. I can handle the rejoicing, and I don't mind the praying part of this verse, but the last part gets me. It says to give thanks in all circumstances...I'm pretty good about being thankful when I'm reeling in fish after fish. I'm pretty good about giving thanks when I bring in a fish over 5lbs. I'm great at giving God the glory when I've won a tournament. I'm not so good about giving thanks when things aren't necessarily going my way. When I want to go one direction and God says no, I usually do like a small child and throw a tantrum or get aggravated and quit trying. Let me encourage you to be thankful in all situations this week. I know it's tough to be thankful when you're not feeling well, or when you don't make the grade you thought you should've made. It's not easy to be thankful when doing housework or having truck problems. We can be thankful that we have a home, transportation, food, and clothes. It may not be the best food or the nicest clothes, but thank God we have something to complain about...God bless and thank you for allowing me to share with you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment