POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, August 9, 2010


Well here we go off to another great week! Just a quick note about my health and then a short devo. As far as my health goes, this has been an exciting week. Lots has happened since I last posted, the two major things are this last wednesday I had a feeding tube put in. I am eating fine, but my Dr. seemed to think it would be a good idea since we don't know what the future holds and I was losing weight pretty quick. Thank God I have not had to use it and my appetite has been pretty good. My wife made my favorite tater tot casserole and I ate the whole thing by myself over the last few days! That was exciting! Another unexpected event that has occurred is that God has decided I no longer need a voice! I now talk with a speech impediment. If you call my phone and I don't answer this is why. I am now talking with a very heavy tongue and I am very difficult to understand. My daughters think it's hilarious when I try to discipline them, but I guess they get their warped sense of humor from their mom...
Again, I cannot tell you how overwhelmed we have been by the love we have received in so many different forms! I am feeling really good and I am really missing being around students and preaching. Since I cannot really preach a vocal message, I have a feeling I will be posting a little more regularly. I have a Dr.'s appointment this coming thursday in Abilene. I covet your prayers. I guess they will tell us when we do our next round of chemo.

Isaiah 53:5, my paraphrase says, "by his stripes I am healed..."
Since I have been diagnosed, again, I have really had an encounter with God and we have been talking about this situation. I thought about it the other day, about the difference in my relationship with God now, and my relationship b.c. (before cancer). I love to drink Starbuck's coffee, as some of you may already know...(hee hee). There's nothing like sipping on a Venti 2% cappacino with sugar, wet! Now some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Others have not yet seen the light to know what exactly this is. This is basically 20oz. of "heaven of earth". If you think you can handle it, you can eat a Reese's Peanut Butter cup with it, and you will be a changed person! It is the sweetest, most tasty treat on this side of heaven! I am sitting here drooling on the keyboard as I type this because we do not have a Starbuck's here in Brady. I love Starbucks and they have their own lingo when you order in there. They try to be responsible to the coffee growers and the enviroment and often feature stories about who grew your coffee beans and what part of the world it was grown. My true encounter with Starbuck's came the first time I pressed my lips to that cup! It's like time stood still. That was my first encounter with Starbuck's. Before this encounter I could only talk and imagine what Starbuck's was like. After I had the first taste though, then it became an encounter! I now feel like the hand of God has touched me. I have had that encounter with God. That's what's different. Many of us can talk the Christian lingo. We can wear the Christian clothes. We know the Sunday School answers, and we can quote scripture with the best of them, but we have never felt the hand of God.
Let me encourage you to check yourself right now. Where are you and where is God? Are you and God one right now? John 3:30, says, "I must decrease and He must increase..." Let's stop talking and start walking! I pray that we all have an encounter with God this week that is obvious to all...God Bless your socks off!

Tony

1 comment:

  1. Tony,
    I admire your strength in Christ. That is what I see as your joy in the Lord. I know walking through the cancer fire can not be easy but your joy overrides the furnace temperature control. We, Erin age 13, Ellen age 4 and I continue to pray for you every night after our devo. My husband Daniel, and I met you when you came to Trinity last year. We live at 1011 Brand and still get your junk mail. That is okay, it is what God used to lay you on our hearts a long time ago. God is cool, and cancer is not. We love you!!! The Haynes Family

    ReplyDelete