POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another update!


Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I will be brief about my health this week mainly because I don't feel too great, but I felt bad I had not updated you on the situation so that you will know how you can pray this week. Today is Thursday and round 2 of chemo is complete. This round was very tough and I know it's gonna get tougher! My voice is still gone and this is really hard on me. I went to Abilene for a check up last thursday or so I thought, they admitted me and went ahead and did round 2, out of nowhere! I was not really mentally prepared as strange as that sounds. I have been home a couple of days but I haven't got back to 100% yet. I'm sure it will take some time. I am praying that God will show me something good that chemo did this time around in three days. Last time I was able to start eating after three days so I'm really looking forward to what He has in store for me this time.
Speaking of praying, I tend to do quite a bit of that these days. I was looking at Jesus praying and saw something interesting. Some of you may already know this, but this is what God has revealed to me this week. I always try to recite the Lord's Prayer when I'm not feeling well. This week while in the hospital, God led me to the "real" Lord's Prayer. It is found in John 17. Here we find Jesus praying in the Garden right before He's crucified. In Matthew, we find the Lord's model Prayer, but here we see Jesus hard at work, praying. I discovered that this chapter is broken in four parts. Please understand this is my version of it and it is not written in stone.
In John 17:1-5 Jesus prays for Himself
John 17:6-19 He prays for the 11 disciples that were still with Him
John 17:20-26 He prays for all believers that were still to come. Can you believe that? Jesus was praying for me and you at the Garden before He was crucified!
Then in John 17:20-26 He prays for the unity of the church.
What a great thought...Right before Jesus was arrested and beaten and crucified He took time out and remembered to pray for us! My mind is not big enough to fathom this concept, but then again I've never been known to be the "sharpest" tool in the shed...God bless you this week. I hope we take time out of our busy lives to say a prayer for someone else even during our time of crisis...

Tony

P.S. In case you're wondering what my family does while I'm in chemo for four days. My wife took the girls to the Children's Museum in Abilene. It was inexpensive and as you can see they had a blast. We highly recommend this as a family event. I also ask that you notice the question that I have posted this week. I thought it was a pretty tough one...

No comments:

Post a Comment