POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, August 23, 2010

From the other side...


Hey guys this week I thought it would be neat to let my wife, Mindy, post some of her thoughts about what's going on around here. As far as my health goes this week we have a Dr.'s appointment in Abilene. This will be a regular check up. This weekend has been really good! I have been outside tinkering and making myself really tired. I also did a few jobs! I still have no voice, but I am feeling pretty good all things considered...Let's pray that I have a good report this week, I will post as soon as I know something...Now I'll turn it over to my wife.

Tony

Have you ever heard anyone say, "don't pray for patience unless you're prepared for God to allow you to go through circumstances that require much patience?"
Well, lately during our evening family devo we had been asking God to show us how to love others the way He loves us. We want to glorify God in all that we do. Since we have been in many hospitals and doctor's offices lately, I remind our girls of this before we go inside the building. The last couple of weeks I feel that God has really been working overtime on this transformation in my life. We have been confronted with some of the grupiest and most incompassionate people I have ever had the privilege of meeting. They have been nurses and volunteers which is sad because of how many hurting people they encounter. So after I bite my tongue and I respond nicely, I pray for them. The truth is they don't know all the details of our family's condition, nor do I know the details of their lives. Tony and I have decided that if this is the mission that God has planned for our family then we will faithfully try to reach as many people for Him as possible! We have in no way desired this broken road set before us, but we want to be better "ambassadors for Christ" as we travel to the "moutain top". Our young girls are not always the most welcomed guests in the medical facilities where we are sent, but they can make the hardest faces melt to smiles. Selah will remind us at night to pray for people we have seen or met at the doctor's office. This isn't really my first choice for a classroom, but our visits have definately increased our prayer life!
The next time you get grumpy service, remember you don't know what may have broken that person's spirit or heart. Don't react, take it personally and growl back, but rather lift them to God in prayer. I know it's not always the easy choice, but it will help your spirit too. Tony has a plaque in his office that reads, "Be patient God isn't finished with me yet". Humorous? Yes! Honest about all of God's children? Most definately!
May God bless you all this week with people that increase your prayer life!

"This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'they are my people', and they will say, 'The Lord is our God'."

Thanks,
Mindy
Zechariah 13:9

No comments:

Post a Comment