POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Thursday, July 29, 2010

Change...

Time really seems to get away from me these days and the funny thing is I don't know why. All I really do anymore is sleep! Let me see if I can get everyone caught up as to what's going on in our world. I have always been a man who thanks God for everything, but here lately some things have been tough to accept. I guess since we last visited lots has happened around here. I have started chemotherapy again! Not very excited about it, but it's happening. Praise God we got through the 1st round with very little excitement. I am very tired and sleep all the time, but Mindy says that's nothing new! I try to work when I can, but the heat is not good for me and I have been advised not be around large groups of people. I can have visitors, but sanitizer is a must. I am doing my treatments in Abilene and it is working out ok. At time's I'm not a happy camper, but then I remember that I'm there as a representative of Christ. I don't know how others treat those nurses, but I know when they see my Bible; they're watching ME. I do my best to be a representative of Jesus in ALL situations. I have started doing a little better now that I'm at home, but often put on a strong face for my girls and remember Philippians 4:13, " I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me..." All of a sudden this isn't just a T-shirt logo anymore. I know that you want to know what you can do for us to help us. I am going to list some things people have done, but don't expect you to do the same, however I want to show how awesome our friends and family are, I will not name names. Someone has finally bought our car from us, which is one less payment we have! Praise God!Someone else in our family paid our utility bill last month! I am not a person who accepts gifts very easy, but God has really taught me humility here lately! While I had treatments in Abilene, my wife and girls stayed at the League house which is $35 a night, the first morning my wife went down they told her it was paid in full for as many nights as we needed it! God is so good! I have found out that I don't have wealthy friends, but we have FRIENDS. I am writing this through tears, because God's love is so great! It is so awesome to receive cards and letters, they really lift us up. Please continue to pray for my Awesome wife, I don't know how I would function without her. Keep praying for healing, because I know regardless of what doctor's think, I know who the Great Physcian is...God Bless you to all my friends and I will write more later, sorry if I rambled.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment