POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, September 6, 2010


Well round 3 of chemo is HISTORY!!! It has gotten a little tougher to take, but it's understandable with all that has gone through my body already. This round made me pretty sick, it really upset me and messed with my body in a lot of different ways. I know that by the grace of God, I will get through this. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for all the friends I've got. Anytime I start to feel down, I receive a letter or someone comes by and cheers me up! Last week was tough on the Hardin family and PocoLoco Ministries lost a great friend in Jay Hardin. It is now our turn to uplift the Hardin family. They are good friends of ours from Junction. Jay was truly one of my best friends and we must continue to pray for Becky, his wife, James, his son, LaVerne, his mother, and Hardy and his family. God bless you Hardin family and comfort you during this time.
The other day some friends of ours came over and brought us some homemade lasagna. They froze it for us and left us instructions on how to heat it up and get the best taste out of it. Believe me, it was very tasty! As long as my wife was home to heat it up for me, it was perfect. One day she was gone and I got hungry. I remembered the lasagna that was in the refrigerator just waiting for me. All I had to do was microvave it and I would be in cheese nirvana...Nobody was around so I snuck in the kitchen and warmed up some of this tasty treat, but just enough for me. I was in a bit of a hurry since something was on TV that needed an audience. Apparently, I didn't heat it up long enough, because as soon as I dove into the first bite, it was very hard and cold! I'm not gonna say it ruined my appetite, but it did make me gag a little and think twice about putting a mouthful of food without testing it first! What should have been one of the best tastes I've ever experienced turned out to be one of the most unforgettable experiences I've ever had.
I was quickly reminded of the verse in Revelation 3:16, that says, "because you are neither hot or cold, I will spit you out of my mouth..." (my paraphrase). Did you know that God hates a "fencewalker", someone who doesn't commit to serving him completely. Some of us want to serve Him, but only on sundays and wednesdays, or only when we're around certain people. God wants us to be faithful to Him all the time. 24/7/365! I want to challenge all of us this week to serve God faithfully all the time. It basically comes down to this..."If you ain't radical...you ain't spit..."

Thanks Cindy Hardin for the lasgna and the inspiration for this devotion!

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment