POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Sunday, September 26, 2010



It was a big day at the Huerta household on Sunday. Training wheels came off our 4 year old's bicycle. She did great and I'm happy to say everyone is still in one piece and still married! One of the things I noticed about her riding was how unbalanced she was until she got going a certain speed. As soon as she slowed down, she would lose her balance and begin to fall. As I saw this it reminded me about our walk with the Lord. So many of us add so much to our lives and then complain about how busy we are, but yet that's where we find our balance. This is complete opposite of what scripture tells us to do. In Psalms 46:10, it says, "Be still and know that I am God." The world wants us to go "faster, faster" but God tells us to slow down. Romans 12:2 says, "do not be conformed, but be transformed..." my paraphrase.
I want to challenge you to slow down this week. Do you know that I already saw Christmas trees in stores! Let's slow down and listen and watch for God moments this week. When we pray we don't have to do all the talking, let's let God talk to us. Please keep me in your prayers this week as I go for what we are hoping is my last round of chemo on Thursday! God Bless you all and thanks for reading.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment