POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Praise God"




Today I went and bought a new fishing license. Not really surprised they have gone up again. A freshwater license is now $30. I don't mean to sound "old-fashioned", but it wasn't very long ago they were only $15. Along with the new license I received a new booklet with all the new laws and regulations for 2010-11. It made me think about lots of things. For instance, what if God changed the rules for getting into heaven every year. What if every person had to read the entire Bible in order to get to heaven? What if God fined us every time we did something wrong? Aren't we glad that God isn't about a bunch of laws, but rather it's about Him! As I sat outside earlier today and felt the air cooling and watched leaves falling I got to peek into heaven just a little bit. My daughters sing a song that says, "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do..." I believe we have all sang that song, but how many of us are living that song? As Fall rolls in, I praise God for the beauty he is letting me see. As we go along this week let's take time out of our busy schedules to thank God for who He is and not changing the rules on us every year. I am also grateful that God's gift of eternal life is "free". His price never increases. Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." How does someone like that write something that goes out of date! Thank you God for your beauty that surrounds us! God Bless

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment