POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Thursday, July 1, 2010

And we're back...

Wow, it seems as though it's been forever since I've done this. Let me tell you it feels really good to be doing this right now! As some of you know I haven't typed in a month, let me explain why. I have been a very sick little man! Since my last devo, I have lost 18 lbs. That's not a good thing, I was not trying to lose weight. As you all know I have already had one bout with cancer in my throat. I began feeling sick about two weeks ago, but just kept trying to move on. Last thursday my world nearly came to an end. I had already been to see the doctor and had been diagnosed with pneumonia. I came home with an antibiotic, after three days of not eating and still feeling really bad, I developed a cough that would make me pass out. I knew that wasn't a good thing. I finally had enough and asked my wife to take me back to the doctor. I knew I didn't have the strength to get to Fredericksburg so off we went to Brownwood ER.. We arrived at noon, (so I'm told) and they began to run tests on me. I was admitted and spent the night in Brownwood. The next morning is when all hell broke loose! Friday Morning they came in and said I had fluid around my heart that was not supposed to be there and it needed to be relieved, but they couldn't do that there. They would need to send me elsewhere. They sent me to Abilene Regional where I would spend the next week. They did a procedure on me to remove all the fluid and check the fluid to see if maybe my cancer was back. I am now recovering from that procedure and we're still not certain on results from that fluid. It seems as though I am starting to ramble so I will stop for now. I just wanted to update all our prayer warriors and let you all know that I have seen too many miracles to count in the last couple of weeks to mention. I will be mentioning some of them as time goes by! Thank you for your prayers and let's keep it up! I didn't post a picture of myself this week because I don't think you all would recognize me. I am down to 120lbs.
God Bless

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment