POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Sunday, May 2, 2010


Wow! What a busy time this has been for all of us! I slacked off a little last week and didn't get to put up a devo. I appreciate all the feedback I received and all that asked where it was. That makes a person feel good! Have you ever found yourself in a really strange situation and you try to make sense of why or how you got there? I am currently in one of those "pickles." By now most of you know that I am no longer Pastor of the church where I was serving, however I am still working with the youth out there. This makes for an interesting conversation. When someone askes how things are going out there, I never know if they're asking about the church or the students.
Another thing that is really strange in my life right now is the fact that we don't have a "home" church. What I mean by this is that we are not attending any church at this time. Why? Maybe it's because I don't know how to shop for a church. I have always worked at the church I attended. I didn't know church shopping was so exhausting. The churches we have attended have really been kinda cold and fairly stuffy with no real sense of purpose or direction. That is a very harsh statement to make, but if I was to list the places we have visited I think you would agree. This has me really concerned about where churches are going and/or what churches have become.
I have started to really look at myself and evaluate who I am. What do I believe? Why? I have started digging a little deeper into the scriptures to see what they have to say about all this. I have started reading the book of Ecclesiastes. Here we find Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived and he has some pretty deep insights on some of these questions. I'm sure I will be posting some of my findings soon. Those who are reading this and are current church members; let me encourage you to support that church as much as you can, good churches and staff are hard to find. If you are not attending church right now; let me encourage you to continue that search. I really miss the fellowship of church. I also miss seeing choir members dozing off during long announcements, children's sermons going out of control, and those deacon prayers, you know the one's we ALL have memorized that we can lip sync and nearly finish for them!
Here is a quote I read that is really standing out in my head, perhaps you can apply it as well..."God will never change, this is why our faith must rest on His identity and not necessarily His activity..." Sorry I didn't post last week, but maybe this will give you something to chew for a few days!

God Bless You
Tony

1 comment: