POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, April 19, 2010




John 16:33, says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world."

This past week I was blessed with the opportunity to work out in the country all week. I am not a morning person! I usually tell people that, "I will be there at the crack of noon!" If I'm up before 10am, there had better be lots of fish involved! I was able to drive down one of the prettiest stretch of blubonnets I have ever seen. I was excited to be driving out to the job before noon. It was nice to drive and talk with God about "things" and where I fit in and stuff like that. It was during one of these mornings that I had the chance to reflect on life and think about what is really important to me. In my wandering, I let my mind go too far and my pondering turned to worry. It was really nice to remember this verse and hear God tell me that He has overcome the world!
Today is my birthday and normally this isn't a big deal to me. This birthday is pretty special though. In November of 2008, after being diagnosed with throat cancer I was told to get my affairs in order because I didn't have very long. This birthday, according to some wan't supposed to happen. God is good and with Him all things are possible. By the grace of God I am still here and enjoying my beautiful girls and my wonderful life! My oncologist told me how he loves to be wrong, then he challenged me to prove him wrong. I knew I couldn't do it, but I knew that God is bigger than any illness including CANCER!
This week I pray that you let those words ring true, "take heart! I have overcome the world"...God Bless

Tony

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! Wish you, Mindy, girls,Sylvia and myself could have have lunch. The good old days or were they? The food was good. I know about birthdays and they are special now. I thank GOD everyday that we are here. Your partner in Crime.

    ReplyDelete