POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly devotion for Feb. 1, 2010


It seems as if I spend lots of my time waiting! Have you ever heard the phrase, "hurry up and wait!" I think that has become my life's motto. In bass fishing there is lots and lots of waiting. Here are a few things I have learned while waiting to catch fish and have applied them to my life. I have learned a few things about waiting.


Psalms 27:14


I. Be patient while waiting..."wait on the Lord"

Many Christians are impatient. We want things to happen according to our time rather than God's time. If things don't happen according to our time we start the blame game. We must be patient while waiting. God's timing is always best. He is never too early or too late. (Luke 21:19).


II. Be Postitive whle waiting..."Be of good courage..."

We tend to become negative and discouraged when we have to wait. Waiting can be difficult at times, but we must continue to look for the good and not the bad. (Philippians 4:8). We need to stay positive while waiting.


III. Be productive while waiting..."and he shall strengthen thine heart"

Someone once said, "the secret of patience is doing something else in the meantime..." We cannot do it all on our own and therefore we need God's infinite power. (Isaiah 40:31)


IV. Be persistent in waiting..."wait I say, on the Lord"

The Psalmist persistently tells us to "wait on the Lord" WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...

No comments:

Post a Comment