POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, February 8, 2010




I know that I'm not supposed to worry, but sometimes I just can't help it! I know that God is control, but I just need to be reminded sometimes. I recently read this and I can't remember where. It helped me get through some tough situations and I hope you will take it to heart. Enjoy...


Ephesians 5:18
Give thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

It's not a new truth to many of us that prayer is a great comfort in uneasy times and a mighty warrior against worry. I am convinced, however, that we are confused about the way prayer actually works for us in such stressful and difficult times.
Does Paul's call to prayer mean that when we pray, all things we worry about will gone? Does this mean that all our struggles will be gone? No, not necessarily!
If prayer doesn't always change our situation so that it no longer worries us, then what is the value of praying? Here is the answer! "Prayer does not always change the situation and make it better, but prayer always changes us and makes us better."
Prayer, especially prayer accompanied by thanksgiving, is the perfect answer to a heart that is overridden with anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment