POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Sunday, February 14, 2010

Faith




Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

What is faith? Faith is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. Often when I'm fishing I'm hungry, cold, tired, or after consuming a gallon of coffee and 2 pecan loafs before 7am maybe I'm not feeling so good. I may not be feeling so well, but I keep on fishing because I know that the next cast could be the one that brings in the "big one".
When I wake up in the mornings, especially mondays, I really don't want to go to work, but then I look at my family and realize it's not all about me. I go to work to provide a living for my family. I have faith that the more I work the easier it will be to pay the bills. If I study, the tests will be easier. If I pray I will have a better understanding. If I ask God, then I will receive.
Where have you put your faith today? You had faith in that chair you're sitting in to hold you up to read this...Do you have more faith in a chair than in a loving Jesus, who died for us?

Let's be aware this week of how our faith will be put to the test...

No comments:

Post a Comment