POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, December 6, 2010

Wait...



I got to spend the weekend doing Christmas shopping. Spent a whole day shopping, not for myself, but for others. What a day it was. We had a very unusual day in a sense that we spent the day as a family. This doesn't happen very often for us. The day started great as we left home at a decent time and arrived in Abilene just in time for a great lunch at Abuelo's. This is exciting stuff. Once we were stuffed, the fun began. As we piled our basket, I began to people watch. People watching is one of my favorite hobbies. I love to watch bored husbands and over eager wives buying for everyone they can think of. I heard one conversation that was made up of a wife explaining to her husband why they needed to buy a certain nephew a gift this year. This would be only year they would have to buy for this person because they're moving out of state. Most people were excited to be there, however their were those certain few that would have rather been out with friends or on a deer lease somewhere or anywhere but shopping. We ended our great day by taking our daughters to the theatre for the first time. We went to watch Tangled, the story of Repunzel. It was so neat to see my oldest daughter walk in to the theatre for the first time. Her eyes lit up, and she couldn't believe the size of the TV screen. As I watched her, I suddenly remembered why God compares us to children. All day they were dependent on me and their mom. I want to become so dependent on God that I won't be able to move unless He tells me where...Let's all become His children and dependent on Him again. The only way we can hear Him, is to talk to Him...Blessings...

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment