POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, December 13, 2010

Blast from the Past



Wow, what a weekend! On saturday we celebrated my wife's birthday, then on sunday we had a birthday party for my oldest daughter, Selah. It was a great weekend getting to see old friends and talking about the good ol' days toether. In this photo, I am pictured with Sylvia Lawler and Sally Murff. Sylvia was our church secretary at FBC Junction, while Sally was our daycare director. Eventhough their titles said one thing they wore several hats in their jobs. To me these two ladies were the ones that made everyone's job alot easier. I'm pretty good at proposing ideas, but don't know about logistics. These ladies made sure it came to life. I don't know how many hours we spent in prayer for one another and for our families. I love to hear a mother's prayer. After I left our church in Junction I lost touch with some, but these ladies have always been in my heart. Now we work in three different places doing three entirely different jobs but we still have a common bond, Jesus.
We are about to embark on a new journey as I have accepted a new job as Youth Minister in Winters. I don't know what the future holds for my health or my family. I do know one thing though: I will be making more new friends! I am excited about the opportunity to serve the people of Winters and really feel that God is going to bring complete healing to my wounded body. "I will restore your health and heal your wounds..." Jeremiah 30:17. I live by this verse and look forward to every morning to see what God has for me. I always try to look to the future, but sometimes it's nice to stop and remember the past, because that's what made us who we are today...stop...remember...thank God...blessings...

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment