POCO LOCO MINISTRIES

A group of christians glorifying God through the great outdoors... 2 Corinthians 5:13




Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't worry, be happy...



1 Timothy 6:8, is very plain and simple. It simply says, "So, if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content..."
There are very few verses in the Bible that are that simple to understand for me anyway. As we try to unwind from the holidays and get over in laws that overstayed their welcome, or all the travelling we did, all the credit card debt we racked up, and all those extra pounds that came to visit, I love the simplicity of this verse. As I look back on 2010, I think of all the hardships we endured, but guess what...we're still here. We are here because of the grace of God and His willingness to allow us to serve Him in so many different capacities. Not one day in 2010 did I not have something to eat or something to wear. In fact I feel bad because every now and then I have to go through my T-shirt drawer and get rid of some. Pass them on to someone else. As far as food is concerned in our home, we make sure all left overs are gone before getting new stuff. I'm not so good with left-overs, but I feel bad for my wife and kids eating the same thing over and over! I want to make this my verse for this year. I love that it says we should be content with that. Let's pause for a minute and allow me to ask you a question...What makes you happy? Many of you answered that question before you were done reading it, but for many of you it took some time. As 2011 rolls out new opportunities for us let us jump on them...and be content! May your closets stay full and your pantries never run dry! God Bless...

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment